Child have cough. Not cured by azithromycin. Suggest some effective medicine

my 2 and half year old child has been having a cough since a week now. the doctor here gave her azithromycin for 3 days. it seemed to get better. but for the past 2 days, she has hada dry barking kind of cough, especially bad in the nights and the mucous seems to be very tight. She has been using flovent and albuterol daily, with albuterol , the cough seems to resolve, but is back within 3 hours. I have started giving her levolin, but the cough gets suppressed for some time, and comes back again....what do i do?
Asked On : Wed, 28 Nov 2012