Child have constipation. Have hard and coloured stool. What is the remedy?

My 5mnth old has been constipated but still having almost rock hard gray stools.. this has been an issue for about 2 wks simce his ped took him off alimentum formula.. i tried a few formulas nut milk based formulas made him sick and cranky so o have him on enfamil a+ soya formula.. today his stool had a red show on one side of it and his anus appeared to have a bit of brown\red smear around his anus.. i havent fed him anything red and its not throughout the stool he is on solids should i take him to er or wait to see if it continues? My bf said it has a pink tinge and doesnt feel its blood but to me it deff looks to b blood
Asked On : Tue, 16 Apr 2013