Child has white spots on hand and forearm. Purple discoloration in arm when hanging down

My 14 year old son gets small white spots on the back of his right hand and up the forearm whenever he has his hands hanging down at his sides. The white spots disappear as soon as he bends his arms back up. I also noticed that his arm and particularly his hand (right side only) become very dark in colour (almost purple) when he allows his arms to relax and hang at his side. Again, the colour returns as soon as he elevates his arms from the hanging position. Thank you.
Asked On : Sun, 3 Mar 2013