Child has vomiting, loose stools after 5 days of major car accident. Is this related?

We got in a major car accident 5 days ago. My kids were in the back seat in their car seats. My car rolled over several times. After the accident the kids had no noticeable pain took them to the er and they looked ok. Todayy 2 year old son was vomiting and had loose stool and now has a fever . Could this be related to the accident?
Asked On : Tue, 16 Oct 2012
You should ask your doctor for a stool occult blood test to rule out GI bleeding.
These symptoms may be associated with gastroenteritis as well.
But we should rule out any internal GI bleeding.
An ultrasound whole abdomen may also be done.