Child has viral infection. Taken antibiotics for chest and ear infection. Losing voice. What should I do?

my son is 22 months old, for some time now he has been unwell, going from a viral infection to a chest and ear infection and back to a viral infection, i have been back and forth from own gp for the past 3 weeks but they seem to be doing nothing. he had antibiotics last week which cleared his chest infection and ear infection. this week he seems to have lost his voice he is coughing more than usual, it seems he has lost his voice to the point were he is even crying silently. what should i do if the gp isnt helping?
Asked On : Sun, 18 Nov 2012