Child has variable cylindrical and spherical power when tested manually and by computer. How?

Hi My 2 yr daughter is having -1.0 and 1.75 cylindrical power.and no speherical.when we did a manual test the power given was -1.0 and -1.5.and 0.5 spherical but later whn we did computerized test it was -1.0 and 1.75 cylindrical said the previous one was higher ,but i dint understand how can anyone pls guide me
Asked On : Fri, 17 Aug 2012

Thank you for your query.

I can understand your dilemma. There can be a variation between the tests done manually and by a computer. Your daughter should wear the lenses with which she is more comfortable.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction.

Wishing your daughter all the best.