Child has unusual poop, flatulence, diaper rash and fever. He is cutting his molars. Related?

Hi. My 23 month old has had unusual poop (mushy and very smelly), flatulence and a mild diaper rash for the last 4 days. He is cutting his molars at the moment and has been pretty miserable. Yesterday he woke up with a 38.1 fever that has been brought down with Paracetamol but has returned every single time. I took him to the GP but he couldn t find anything wrong and put it down to gastro virus, but I would think that would cause diarrhea , which he doesn t have, his poo is different, but it is definitely NOT diarrhea. This morning he woke up with a temp of 38.9 which scared me a bit, but still no other symptoms other than a complaint of tummy ache. Is this due to his molars or does he really have a virus, and how do I cure it? Thank you.
Asked On : Tue, 19 Mar 2013