Child has unexplained bruising on lower back, no color change. Any ideas?

Hello, I m writing because my toddler (he will be 2 in June) has what appears to be some unexplained bruising on his lower back. They are light brown/grayish in color. He s had them for a couple of weeks. At first I thought it was bruising. Like any toddler he will occasionally fall or bump into things. The odd thing is though is that unlike a normal bruise , it hasn t changed in color. Like going from brown to green to violet. Any ideas what this could be? Should I be concerned?
Asked On : Sun, 31 Mar 2013