Child has tubes in ear, white discharge after flight. Now yellow mucus with bad odor. What is going on?

My 9 yr. Old son has had tubes in ear for 15 months. We recently went on vacation . W hen we got off the airplane my sons ear started to bug him and we noticed severe white drainage from his ear. We took him to see family doc next day. He said ear infection and prescribed amoxicillan. Now 3 weeks later and on 2nd round of antibiotics his ear is still draining, but it looks like yellow thick mucus and stinks so bad I can hardly stand it. What is going on?
Asked On : Thu, 18 Oct 2012