Child has trouble sleeping, not drinking milk, is clingy. Normal to sleep less?

Hi My daughter is 1 yr and 2 months old..she is having trouble sleeping at nights..early on..that is like till a week ago she used to wake up 4 times during a 12 hr sleep cycle for feeds,but since the past week she wakes up crying and is conctantly latched on to me..(she is not drinking milk all the time though). During the day too she takes an hour long nap at the most only..and is very hyper throughout the day..ia this normal for kids to be sleeping this less? And her current night sleep pattern as well?
Asked On : Fri, 30 Nov 2012