Child has tailbone pain, sitting for long periods. Could this be causing pain?

My son is 13 years old and has been complaining of tailbone pain for about 3 months. He has not fallen or had any kind of injury. He is healthy and has been walking every day for the past two weeks. He is about 5 11 now and weighs about 210lbs. When he was in school, he would come home and sit for long periods of time playing video games. Now he is out of school and is sitting for even longer periods but he does walk for about 20 minutes a day. He does not have much cushioning on his buttocks , and this is what I felt could be causing the pain. After googling this I found a disorder called AS with this symptom and now I am very concerned. What could be causing this?
Asked On : Mon, 18 Jun 2012