Child has swollen tonsil and stuffy nose. Hurts while swallowing. Advice?

My 6 yr old granddaughter has a severe swollen red tonsil and a swollen gland along her jaw line on the American side. She doesn t have a fever but says it hurts when she swallows. Her nose is stuffy on the same side and a few days ago she was sneezing quite a lot. She said it doesn t hurt when she bends her head to her chest. She was at her Dad s house over the weekend and he said this started this morning. Concerned it will swell to the point she won t be able to swallow or breathe. Ate nothing unusual.
Asked On : Thu, 28 Feb 2013