Child has swollen knuckle with white head and fever. Drained it causing bruise. Suggestions?

20 month old girl 28lbs NKDA had what looked maybe to be a foreign body in her knuckle, causing a raised swollen area with a white head. Even though it was painful, this morning i pressed and drained what i could and dressed with peroxide and a bandaide, while it lasted. Now her finger looks very bruised and I cant believe i caused that much bruising . She has a history of Extremely terrible Excema and is always itching. The last two nights she has been so bad i had to give her benedryl along with coating her with hydrocortisone cream and vaseline. Tonight she cried out telling me she pee, which she did so i worried about UTI. Having said all this she has over the last 2 hrs developed a fever 103.00. gave IBU and wet hair, turn on fan. Also she has tubes and may have gotten water in her ears during bath with sister earlier this evening.
Asked On : Mon, 18 Mar 2013