Child has swollen eyelid, pain when pressed. Taken Motrin. Any ideas?

My son woke up with a swollen eye lid & forehead this morning. It wasn t so bad in the morning, gradually got worse in the afternoon. It s not red, there is no rash , it s not itchy & it hurts a little bit when you press on the swollen area, he tells me. He s running around & playing like normal, he just looks like he went 5 rounds in a boxing ring & got beat up. He started getting a cold 3 nights ago, he seems to be getting over that though. The pediatrician said to give him Motrin & put an ice pack on it, which I did, but it hasn t seemed to help. If it s still the same in the morning, the pediatrician said to then bring him in. Any ideas?
Asked On : Thu, 18 Oct 2012