Child has swelling in back of throat. Has cold, cough and chest infection. Taken antibiotics

My 12 year old daughter has a flap of skin or elongated swelling hanging from the back of her throat between the tonsil and uvula . It has just appeared this morning and seems to have grown since she first noticed it. She has had a bad cold, cough and chest infection for which she finished antibiotics a week ago. I m not sure how urgent it is but she is worried in case it grows larger and obstructs her breathing.
Asked On : Tue, 18 Dec 2012