Child has suddenly developed rough skin around knees, legs with patchiness, look like white and black dots, has discomfort. Help?

My 2.8 year old has suddenly developed rough skin in and around his knees,and leg.The knees look patchy(black and white) and rough to touch..and on closer insptecion they look like black and white dots.I bathe my baby every day and moisturise him regularly but still this does not go.He doesnt seem to have any discomfort.I am worried.My email id: YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Mon, 10 Sep 2012
Pediatrician, Cardiology 's  Response
Thanks for the query
You have not mentioned for how long he has developed this problem. Most of the time roughness and pigmentation over knees are due to constant friction or pressure over that part. You can use scrub and avoid friction over that part. Continue moisturiser application for one more week. If it persists even after that then consult a dermatologist for proper clinical evaluation.
I hope this answers your query well
Wish you and your family good health
With regards