Child has sudden redness and swelling of upper lips, tried antibiotics. Permanent solution?

My daughter is nine years old, and she suffers from different types of allergy very frequently.... sometimes major itching starts in his under arm , and body with certain generation of heat. Again all of a sudden swelling of upper lips takes place with some reddish color. A small cough and cold converts into deep breathing problems..etc... We have already tried with antibiotics, anti allergic and other medicines prescribed by certain doctors...but all are temporary relief again the same things repeat after a certain period. Please help me I want to go with certain permanent solutions for she is too young.
Asked On : Fri, 17 Aug 2012
Pediatrician, Surgery 's  Response
hi. i understand your irritation and desperation to get rid of the problem. in a lot of cases the severity of symptoms wanes with increasing age. you should also try to get eosinophyl count and allergy screen done. good luck. dr. lahoti.