Child has stuffy nose, cough. Taken antibiotics without relief. Prescribed Fenistil. Safe medicine?

Hi, my 15month-old has been having flu symptoms for 2 days .she has stuffy nose and have started with cough. This is third time she has caught cold in 6 months time. Everytime she is given antibiotic but it seems to be not helping her. We consulted a local doc and he prescribed fenistil by consuming 5 drops 3 times a day. Do you think it is safe to give fenistil to a 15 month- old? What can I do additional to clear the entire sputum from her system. So that she does not cold this frequently?
Asked On : Sun, 7 Apr 2013