Child has stomach virus, cold, fever. Told just hydrate well, and will be alright

My 3 year old son is 26.5 pounds and has had a stomach virus and a cold since Wednesday. On Wednesday, his pediatrician said to keep him well hydrated, and although he might not want to eat much food, if any, this week, he should be alright in a few days. Now he has a fever of 101.7 and doesn't want to walk anywhere. He only wants to be carried from room to room. He seems weak and sluggish/worn out. He cries (with some tears) when I try to offer him toast or applesauce. He does still wear pull-ups and has had a couple of wet pull-ups each day. I am very concerned that he weighs so little to begin with (he has always been very small), can he still go another day or two without eating and still be alright?
Asked On : Tue, 9 Apr 2013