Child has stomach infection, also autistic. How does one detect autism at a young age?

Hi doc, my daughter aged 2 years and 7 months has not started speaking full sentences, she speaks few words like , mumma, papa, dada, didi etc. few days back i took her to a doc cos she was suffering from stomach infection, i asked the doc the reason why she has not started speaking yet. doc observed my daughter for a while and told me that she is suffering from autism . although he said that he is not sure and recommended me to consult a child physicrist. i want to know what are the specific reason of my daughter being suffering from autism. i am very tensed and needs your advice.
Asked On : Thu, 17 Jan 2013