Child has stinging during urination. White stones in urine sample. Can you help?

i took my 7 year old to the Dr today as when he wees it stings...he asked for a sample to send off and when i looked in the specimen bottle there was alot of white stones or granuals that were originally floating but sank to the bottom of the bottle and there were so many it filled the point of the bottom of the bottle...i have never seen it before and have to wait until monday maybe for the results,,,can you help
Asked On : Mon, 26 Nov 2012
Urologist 's  Response
Jul 2016
Thanks for your query.Your child has stinging while passing urine.The urine that you have collected has plenty of white deposits This is a infected debris from the urinary tract may be from bladder or Kidney.Get his ultrasound of the abdomen done Wait for urine report and consult some urologist who will help you treat him properly.
Pediatrician Dr. Sudha Shree Venkataraman's  Response

If the sample was cloudy too, it might be due to pus cells, mucus etc associated with infection. Since you say he has burning sensation too, its likely to be due to an infection.
If its an infection, urine microscopy will show lot of pus cells and urine culture will confirm the organism and its sensitivity to antibiotics.
If its infection, your son will need appropriate antibiotics.

How ever it may due to other cause like protein in the urine, crystals like calcium, oxalate or uric acid crystals.

If crystals are found in urine, your doctor will advise for further investigations.

Usually urine microscopy results are available the same day within few hours. Check with the lab.
Till then make him drink plenty of water, fruit juices etc. Fluids help in both infection and crystals.

Cranberry juice will be good for your son.

Hope my answer helps you.
Wish a speedy recovery for your son.