Child has step, culture positive for klebsiella oxytoca. Meaning and preventive measure?

I just found out that my 3 year old grandson who has severe food allergies , severe eczema , asthma, Sensory Processing Disorder and Mixed receptive and expressive speech disorder has tested positive for strep. In addition his cultures came back positive for klebsiella oxytoca found in his throat culture. What does this mean and are there things that can be done to prevent this from happening? He also came down with a terrible rash diagnosed as hives with this strep case. He lives with his parents and grandparents in Al and they are fairly laid back about his eating, sleeping, hand washing etc. Help!
Asked On : Sat, 15 Dec 2012