Child has started potty training, has dry skin on butt cheeks, runs around without diaper while at home. Any suggestions?

My 18 month old son has begun potty training but I have noticed in the past few days he has very dry skin on his butt cheeks. I have tried baby lotion and moisturing lotions durring the day and a thick layer of aquaphor at night when he goes to bed. None of thoes have made a difference amd I am not sure what to try next. He runs around with no diaper when he is home durring the day so I first figured it had been from rubbing on the furniture but looks worse after he gets home from school after wearing a diaper. Any suggestions?
Asked On : Fri, 1 Feb 2013