Child has sporadic pain between shoulder blades, aggravates on eating, lying causing nausea. Cause?

My 14 year old daughter is complaing of pain between her shoulder blades. The pain is sporadic as opposed to constant. She also reports it is worse while she is eating and when she lays down to sleep at night. She woke up at 1am 2 nights ago with severe pain which was causing nausea . She plays volleyball so, at the time, I thought it was skeletal. Since the pain started, it has not interfered with her participation in volleyball practice/games.
Asked On : Sun, 30 Sep 2012