Child has sore throat, nosebleed, headache, stomach ache, fever. Covering on tongue. Any ideas?

Hi, my 10 year old son has not been well for about 3 weeks. It started out with a severe sore throat that lasted about a week, after that pain subsided he has had frequent nosebleeds, is very pale, is having headaches and stomach aches daily, his appetite has decreased, occasionally he will have a low grade fever. I have taken him to his pediatrician, they tested him for strep and mono and both were negative. He has had bloodwork and his platelets are normal as well as his white and red blood cells. The Doctor did say that his throat was still red and his nose looked irritated as well. This morning he has had a covering on his tongue as well. Any ideas, should he see an ENT? His doctor thinks he just has a virus but I think it may be more than that because it has been 3 weeks now.
Asked On : Mon, 8 Apr 2013