Child has sore throat, fever, painful mouth. Give amoxicillin?

My four year old son developed a 103 degree fever that went away after two days. During that time he complained of a sore throat . I ve noticed in his mouth and it has been spreading that he has brown spots on the roof of his mouth and inside his cheeks. We took him to a urgent care who prescribed him amoxycilin but he is still in pain. (two days ago) He plays fine and then all of a sudden breaks in to tears that his mouth is hurting. No fever now just the spots in his mouth and a sore throat. No rashes or spots anywhere else on his body. Should I give the amoxycilin more time or get him to a pediatrician?
Asked On : Sat, 15 Sep 2012