Child has sore throat and dry cough. Low oxygen level. Vomiting due to coughing. Your opinion?

My son 8 yrs old has had sore throat and bad dry cough since last thurs. Today I took him to dr. the nurse practioner said he probably had virus. His oxygen level was 89, heart rate 80, blood pressure was 92 over 60. I thought oxygen level sounded low so checked when i got home and i think it is , I was wondering your oppinion. Last 2 nights he is up every 1-2 hrs coughing bad. He trew up last night and this morning from coughing. Thanks for your advice
Asked On : Fri, 9 Nov 2012