Child has sickness and cough, respiratory infection, gastroenteritis. What may be wrong?

Hi, my daughter just turned 2 a few days ago and she's been sick and coughing for about 3 weeks now. Last Thursday she was throwing up and couldn't keep anything down. She finally broke out with a fever Sunday night but seems to be controlled now as of this evening. Her pediatrician said she had a respiratory infection & gastroenteritis. Today was the first day she hasn't thrown up but I've been noticing that she's grabbing her tongue a lot. Why is that? She doesn't cry when she grabs it but sometimes she whines and says boo boo... I can't get her to stick her tongue out for me to see anything. And I'm not sure what she has is all related!
Asked On : Sat, 12 Oct 2013
Cough more than 1 week with fever tiredness is suggestive of pneumonia.You ought to be cautious since she also has gastroenteritis.Consult your pediatrician if any signs of abnormality or there is delay of recovery or worsening of symptoms without any further delay.Hope this will help.