Child has runny nose, vomiting, red face, cough, fever, drowsy. Given Mucinex

My 18 month old has runny nose since yesterday but when he woke up this morning he did not want to eat and he threw up twice and his face is red and he had a fever of 100.9 and very little cough . My biggest concern is he is like really drowsy he has been sleeping almost all day and if he wakes up he is just laying around and his eyes close like he is still tired, he is just really drowsy! In the morning about 20 min before he threw up I gave him mucinex for kids. My four year old daughter takes 5ml so I gave him half of that! But I gave it to him with a syringe used for his baby Tylenol and it had a little in it , very little . I noticed after that the Tylenol expired this month, could that have anything to do with this or could it just be a virus.
Asked On : Thu, 29 Nov 2012