Child has runny nose, cough, redness in eyes, swollen lymph nodes in neck. Should I be concerned?

my one year old had a cold with congestion that mostly cleared, then caught a virus from his god-brother that came with a fever (100.2) and irritability and a half runny, half congested nose . His fever went down and then he seems to have a new bug with a runny nose (constant), a little bit of coughing (probably drainage and not constant), a fluctuating temperature (normal to 99.8), red rimmed eyes and has been sleeping almost constantly the past two days. He also has swollen lymph nodes in his neck (below the ears not under the jaw.) His pediattrician said it could take 4-6 weeks for the lymph nodes to go down (he had them only on one side two weeks ago). Should I be concerned or is it just a cold that he is sleeping/fighting off? thank you!
Asked On : Fri, 11 Jan 2013