Child has retracted ear drums, no relief with claritan. What should be done?

Hey there my two year old has been complaining about his ears for over a month, we took him to his doctor and they said his ear drums were retracted.( he had been sick with a cold/ small ear infection prior and was given antibiotics ) after he finished the meds we went back and he told us maybe it was allergies and we have been doing claritan for about 3 weeks and it has not gotten any better. What should I do now? I hate to keep going back to his doctor just to be told the same thing and I know it frustrates him! Thanks
Asked On : Wed, 31 Oct 2012