Hello and welcome to health care magic,
I am Dr Sriram Nathan and i will try to help you out with your problem.
At the offset let me tell you that what your baby is suffering from is very common and nothing to worry about. Just a few things which will guide you:
- since you have already taken anti biotics and that has not made your child better, it is better to just stop all anti- biotic so that we can avoid their side effects.
- you just continue an antihistamine syrup in consideration with your doctor
- do not put any ear drops and just treat symptomatically. When the infection gets fine your child will automatically improve.
- in this age group the ear canal
is small and the eustachian tube defects are also common so do not worry. Also a retracted drum is common and will go away and become better in some time.
- try steam inhalation if possible with menthol twice a week
- if it does not improve then get an chest x ray
and throat swab and get back to me with the report as even chest and throat infection
can cause this.
Hope your doubts are clear
Hope your child gets well soon
Dr Sriram Nathan