Child has respiratory syncytial virus. Fast breathing, coughing, chest heaviness, runny nose, wheezing

Hello Doctor, I am Philip staying in Texas, USA. My 6 months old infant has been diagnosed with Respiratory syncytial virus (RSV). He is breathing fast and coughing occasionally with some heaviness in chest . He also has runny nose and wheezing , Doctor has prescribed albuterol inhaler 2 puffs every 3 hours, QVAR inhaler for 3 months (beclomethasone dipropionate steroid ) twice a day, and Millipred ( prednisolone steroid) 10mg/5ml for 5 days twice daily. Information on internet doesn t suggest usage of these steroids (especially Millipred) on kids under 5 years, which concerns us. Your advise will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Asked On : Tue, 22 Jan 2013