Child has regular cold, diagnosed with sputum in lungs due to low immunity. How precautions should be taken?

Hi, My daughter is of 4 yrs old and she very regularly fell ill with cold . admitted in hospital for 2 times for 2-5 days check-ups. Doctors told that she is having little Nemonia kind of formation in lunges . She is having this problem when she get suffer with high cold with flum in lungs. I seek for good suggesion and precaution to Prevent that. Family doctor is telling that, because of less immunity , she is having this problem. She will fine and healthy from 6th year. Generally, below 6 yrs kids have this kind problem. Do not know to take it so or should i take more care of it to Prevent now itself. Kindly provide me soulution for her good health.
Asked On : Sun, 19 Aug 2012