Child has red, swollen gums that bleed constantly, no improvement with Amoxicillin. Advice?

My nephew is 3 years old. He has had a temperature for over a week. The temperature has settled now. His gum is very red, swollen and bleeds constantly. We have taken him to the hospital, and the GP prescribed Amoxcillin. My nephew has taken his medicine, but is still suffering from the gum problem. Should we take him to the dentist or should we take him to the doctor again?
Asked On : Wed, 10 Oct 2012
Pediatrician, Neonatology 's  Response
Ithink that you shoud show your child to the dentist first.
If he rules out local problems, then you may have to do some blood tests to find the cause of bleeding.
All the est