Child has red spots on face, blisters on hands, feet and mouth. Recurring on face. How to prevent it?

Hi there, I have a 20 month old toddler. Two weeks ago red rounded spots appeared on my son s face. Around the nose and cheeks. Two days lated he had blisters on his hands, feet and mouth. He had hand, foot and mouth disease but very mildly. He recovered fairly quickly from that. This morning the spots on his face apeared again. Does this something to do with the disease? I couldnt find any blisters on his hands, mouth and feet though. Can it be a sign that its the start of this disease again? And what is the best way to prevent this?
Asked On : Mon, 12 Nov 2012