Child has red spot on cheek. Ankle itching, cough. No fever. Should I go to ER?

My 3 year old son woke up with a small but noticeable red spot on his cheek, when I looked closer I noticed it had a white head in the middle of the redness i just assumed it was a pimple until later that afternoon I noticed another one on his ankle, which is when I got concerned. I didn t point either of them out to him or ask if it itched bc I wanted a true reaction. Later in the eveing he complained he had an itch on his ankle and started scratching at the red spot. He has had no fever but has had a persistent cough for close to a month, started as a bark, then had mucous behind it, then barky again and now his nose is running. I had him at the pedistrician three weeks ago to check out the cough and was told he sounded clear and it was just from preschool. I have a few concerns as he has had everything under the sun in his 3 years, Hand, foot and mouth (no blisters on his skin, but thousands in his mouth), mild case of chicken pox (he had the vaccine but I had gotten shingles and he must have gotten them ftom me) and most recently he had pneumonia in April. I also have a 2 month old who I assume has already been exposed to whatever this might be. Pediatrician s office will be closed till monday but should I go to the ER to make sure it s not too serious? Any suggestions of shat it could be?
Asked On : Wed, 19 Dec 2012