Child has red, sore bottom, skin around anus. Not sleeping, no BMs. Will Fucidin help?

My 3 1/2 year old son has recently had scarlet fever followed by impetigo on his face. He now has a very red sore bottom, about 2 cm of skin around his anus , some is broken, it is weeping and he is extremely uncomfortable and worried. I have tried to get go appt last week but couldn t fit us in. He is not sleeping and understandably doesn t want to poo. My question is will the fucidin ointment I was prescribed for his impetigo help if I apply to his bottom? I am presuming it is all linked to strep ... He has also had threadworm but we have treated this a week ago and no recurring signs
Asked On : Tue, 14 Aug 2012