Child has red rash near eyes after swimming. Sunscreen ineffective. Chlorine allergy?

Afer swimming, my fair skinned daughter develops bright red sunburn looking rash around her eyes. Her eyes also burn badly. I have tried several different sunscreens, thinking a reaction or sunscreen in the eyes was the cause, but no luck. Could it be a chlorine allergy? We live in S. Florida so we swim a lot. Would goggles help?? Also, what can I put on the skin to soothe it so close to her eyes that won't irritate them?
Thank you,
L. Espitia
Asked On : Thu, 18 Apr 2013