Child has red, raised areas on inner thigh, no itching or fever. Medical attention required?

my daughter came home from school with a large (3 x 3 ) red raised area with a small pussy spot that looks like a bug bite on her inner thigh. I iced it and it is still quite red. Should I wait to see if it has diminished by the morning or may it be more serious and require immediate medical attention. She is no longer itching the area, she has no fever and is feeling fine overall. She appears to have forgotten that it is there and has no other indications of a systemic type of infection. thank you
Asked On : Fri, 1 Feb 2013