Child has red gums, canker sores on tongue. Taking Tylenol and codeine. What might this be?

My daughter is 12 and has cherry red gums not swollen but has canker soars on her tongue ,gums and upper plate of mouth. She has had this now for 6 days she is on an antibiotic and an anti viral plus Tylenol with codeine now my 4 year old son is showing symptoms of painful gums and a fever of 102 took him and my daughter to 2 doctors and no one can tell us what they have my daughters is getting better but my son is just starting they look like 2 different things my daughters is canker sores for sure after looking at pictures but there are no pictures that match what my son has. There is maybe 3 at the most but there is one tiny lesion above 2 top teeth and one tiny lesion on the bottom right where the skin meets the tooth and I mean really tiny you have to really look to see them they don t bleed but hurt to the point where he didn t want to eat. He just started an antibiotic yesterday. I was wondering if you had an idea of what this might be and if the antibiotics will help. Thank you also can this be contagious. Thanks again
Asked On : Sat, 2 Feb 2013