Child has red and itchy feet after wearing wet socks. Should we apply cortisol cream?

My 3 year old daughter was walking in wet socks and rubber boots in the cold today for nearly an hour. Now (hours later at night) her feet are red and very itchy. We rinsed them off when we returned, warmed them up, gave her a bath when they started itching, have tried ice packs and aloe/anti-itch gel. None of it is working. What is our next step (since bedtime is coming up) cortisol cream? benedryl? Thank you, Susan
Asked On : Sun, 23 Dec 2012