Child has recurring rash on hands after returning from day care that subsides within hours. Any ideas?

My 20 month old daughter came home from daycare on Thursday with a red bumpy rash on the back of her hands. The rash was gone within 2-3 hours of being home. It reappeared the next day after daycare but instead of being bumpy it appeared as a flat broad red rash (no red bumps). You could make out lines that looked like small spider-like veins running throughout the rash. Having been home from daycare for two days, the rash reappeared suddenly. It comes and goes with and without treatment with Aquaphor and/or lotion. We have also tried a Benadryl cream. Any ideas what this could be?
Asked On : Thu, 24 Jan 2013