Child has recurrent fever, low appetite. Scope showed pus pockets, advised surgery. What could be wrong?

hi my 16 months old baby has been sick for a little over a week.On Friday he finished antibiotics( amoxil ).Sat he stopped eatingeverytime I give him some advil ,the fever will go down for a few hours but come back.he will not eat or drink anything.we took him to the hosptial and the did xrays .they did a scope and said that there are pockets of puss and may need surgery. they said something about the tissue the see i the x-ray ...can you explain in lamons terms what could be so seriously wrong because the flew him to another hosptial.they said they are not equipt enought to take care of him there
Asked On : Fri, 26 Oct 2012