Child has rash, swollen neck lymph nodes. Taken kflex pulvules. Should lab tests be done?

I have an eight year old daughter who broke out in a rash . I took her to a local ER where they found swollen lymp nodes in her neck . The ER Dr. said it looked like a strep throat rash and they swabbed her throat, but it came back negative. The Dr. gave her antibiotics (kflex pulvules 250mg) and the next day I took her to her peditrician who said it would be fine to give her the medication . She stated that if the medication failed to bring the swollen nodes down to bring her back in seven days when the medication was finished. It has been around four days and I am starting to worry because the lymp nodes have not went down any and have become sore to the touch. I realize that I need to give the medication time to work, but it concerns me because they didn t do any labs on this. Should I take her to have lab tests done or wait until the medication cycle is finished and see the results? What could this be with the combination of the nodes and rash?
Asked On : Mon, 11 Mar 2013