Child has raised, red scratch under eye. Any ideas?

My 5 year old son woke up yesterday with a raised red scratch under his left eye. It almost looks like if someone suctioned a glass on his eye and the bottom portion of the class made a mark. (does that make sense)? It is still there and I noticed a small raised red line (1/5 inch) below it this afternoon. Any ideas?
Asked On : Sun, 2 Sep 2012
I think there is no reason to panic..these lesions are usually due to some insects coming in contact with that area. The area might turn black and the skin might exfoliate in a few days.The area might itch as well.Keep the area very clean and apply some calamine moisturiser at that area.If the lesion worsens of itches or burns consult a nearby dermatologist.
I hope this will solve your problem.Have a nice day