Child has raised, red, itchy papules on elbows and knees. History of asthma and eczema

Hi! My son has raised, red, itchy papules all over his elbows and knees. The bumps are spreading in patches all over his arms and legs. I took him to the Dr yesterday. She did not know what it is. He is 10yo, history of asthma and eczema . Currently takes Singulair every night. He plays football and the papules seem to worsen everytime he plays. He has had these bumps for approx 1 week. The Dr. treated him for allergic reaction with secondary infection. Rx: SMZ bid, Chlorhex scrub qd, Bacitracin ointment tid, Benedryl qd at pm. He started the meds last pm. Today he is still getting new patches of irritation and papules. Any suggestions are appreciated!! Thank you!
Asked On : Wed, 24 Oct 2012