Child has purple darkening under eyes. Should I be worried?

Hi, i have a 6 year old boy who has pale skin (naturally) and fair hair. He has purple darkening under his eyes. we took him to the doctor who tested his iron which was in the normal range. He eats relatively well and sleeps 7pm until 6am normally. Should i be worried about the purple? maybe i notice it more because he is fair skinned or maybe im missing something....
Asked On : Wed, 10 Oct 2012

Thank you for your query.

At times the skin in fair coloured persons does appear a bit purplish below the eyes. As the doctor has examined your son's haemoglobin and found it to be normal and does not find anything wrong I am of the opinion that you need not worry about it.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction.

Wishing you all the best,