Child has primary complex. Bumps on skin after Mantoux test. Other confirmatory tests?

hi! my 4 year old son is diagnosed with primary complex today. Are there other tests to confirm it? I really didn t expect him to have a positive reaction on the Mantoux test because I haven t seen any visible redness or swelling on the injection site. When his pedia used a flashlight to see any reaction on his skin, there were several tiny bumps in it and he said the induration is 10 mm. I have researched on the internet that it should be firm swelling to consider it positive. I am really confused. Can anyone help me with this?
Asked On : Fri, 28 Sep 2012