Child has pins and needles in feet, hands shaking. Normal?

Hi, since my little girl could sit up she has screamed on occasions and not wanted to put any weight on her leg. She is now 2 years old and we worked out that she keeps on getting pins and needles. She gets it now after sitting on her feet for shorts periods of time - sometimes less than a minute and also gets it sometimes when she has been sat on toilet for a minute or two. Only other possibly notable thing is that her hands shake first thing in the morning. Is all this fairly normal or should I get her checked out? I don t want to waste people s time if loads of kids get it this easily, but my 4 other children have only ever had pins and needles a couple of times in their lives and my 2 year old gets them a number of times a day. Thanks
Asked On : Fri, 1 Feb 2013

Does your little one tell that it hurts when she bears weight?

Does she walk well?
At this age, she should be able to walk independently without any problems.

Shaking of hands in the morning and refusing to bear weight on her legs- both of them are not normal. I would suggest that you have seen by a Pediatrician- get her thoroughly examined.

I would like to look into her vitamin D and calcium intake daily. If either of them is low, these symptoms can happen. Also a detailed neurological examination is warranted.

Hope my answer helps you.
Wish your little one good health.