Child has pink skin after getting burned due to dettol. How long to heal?

Hi, In addition to my query (5 year old son who sufferred from second degree burn after putting cotton dabbed with dettol and left for hours on insect bites on his legs (5 spots)), 2 of the most affected spots (1 had a blister and the other had pus and got inflammed so you can see a little bit of elevated pink skin on the area that got burned) have healed with new skin. I don t see scar tissue but it s been 4 weeks yet the skin is still pink. How long will these take or anything I can put to speed up returning to normal complexion? Are Vitamin E and sunscreen enough or any suggestion I can apply to make the mark less visible on the skin?
Asked On : Mon, 26 Nov 2012